Monday, April 21, 2008

Youth Sunday at Knox

So Youth Sunday is this coming Sunday and I chose doing a testimony over being a greeter, (don't ask what I was thinking- I'm a very psychologically complex person!). I was planning on talking about being a Christian in public school and how being in LH has helped me, but that kind of morphed into me talking about the challenges I faced in my faith last year. I had written a full testimony on the first topic and when I typed it up, (my way of revising), it totally changed and I might as well have just ripped up the first testimony and threw it in the trash- my end-product wouldn't have been affected at all. But I didn't because I'm not sure if I really like the one I have at the moment any better than the first one. It's quite a predicament. Oh well. Maybe I'll have Josh choose. Or my mom. Or Kath. Or Kyle. Anyone else want to apply for the decision making job?? I quit.

Kisses,
Abbsters

12 comments:

Kathryn said...

anything would be better than being a greeter. anything.

Kathryn said...

wait. you're totally changing your topic?!!?!

Kathryn said...

you really had to put that picture there, didn't you?

Kathryn said...

Something like this...

"Middle school is a struggle for all. Keeping your worldview in focus is a challenge. I, myself, struggled greatly with these very things. They tormented me at night and whispered falsehoods in my ears during the day. Knox's junior high group, lighthouse, has spiritually sustained me in countless aspects of life."

Or maybe you wanted something with a little bit of a different flavor than that...

Kathryn said...

If I didn't know anything about you and found your blog, I would think that car was a Moster car. Seriously, I would.

Anonymous said...

I'll help you Abby. And I think you should type it up the first time. It'll be a lot faster. And I would so choose greeter. Is anyone else doing a testimony? Who's doing the music?

Kathryn said...

I would choose testimony because then it's just a few brief moments of intense pain. when you're a greeter, you get slow pain. not fun

Anonymous said...

greeter is fun. I was one last year. Abby, everytime I see your car, I think ayah. you should change it.

AbbyJP said...

But it's so me!! Just ask Kath. Or Clara. Or Kyle. Or anybody.

Anonymous said...

I know it's so you. I really really know how very so much it's you. but ayah

James Anderson said...

How long is yours?

AbbyJP said...

A page and a bit. That might change though.