Day One- Monday, June 9
-Wake up at 3:30 am, call Joe to make sure he woke up
-Leave for Briarwood at 4:40 am
-Leave from Briarwood at 5:20ish for Chicago
-Get to Chicago around 9:30 am Chicago time, (one hour earlier)
-Go to the Sears tower
-Go to the Science and Industry Museum and eat the most unappetizing meal I've had in a long time
-Get back on the busses and drive to Shedd Aquarium where we got to see a really cool dolphin show
-Walk to the Field Museum
-Get back on the busses and drive to Navy Pier at 5:30
-Get on the "Mystic Blue Cruise Ship" for a dinner/dance cruise (Strite said the food was going to be awesome but I beg to differ)
-Get off the boat at 10:00 pm and head to hotel and crash
Day Two- Tuesday, June 10
-Spend the morning shopping in downtown Chicago after taking the "L" train in
-Head to Lincoln Park Zoo for the afternoon
-Dinner at Ed DiBevic's (at least the food was edible)
-Blue Man Group concert at Briarstreet Theater (this was AWESOME!!)
Day Three- Wednesday, June 11
-Six Flags Great America Amusement Park from 9:30 am- 5:00 pm (the lunch was OK, but nothing special)
-Medieval Times Restaurant; dinner and entertainment (the best food we ate all trip)
Day Four- Thursday, June 12
-Checkout of hotel
-Drive to the ESPN Zone for 2 hours of unlimited game play in the huge arcade (I thought this would be boring but I was wrong)
-Chicago Cubs vs. Atlanta Braves (the Cubs won 5-4 in the 11th inning and good thing too because I was at the end of my rope)
-Start driving home at 5:30 (an hour later than planned)
-Our bus gets a flat around 6:30; because of 5:00 traffic in Chicago, we were still in the Windy City
-Strite sends the other three busses home because he's on our bus anyway and we hang out in Millenium Park for and hour and a half (this was actually pretty fun)
-We get back on the bus at 8:00 and are all either exhausted or really wound up
-I fell asleep around 9:45 and woke up again around 12:15
-We pulled up to Briarwood at about 1:00 am Thursday morning, and exhausted bunch of kids, Slauson staff and parent chaperones
-I get HOME home around 1:30 and crash for 12 hours
FOR ALL YOU SKIMMERS:
It was really fun and we did a lot of stuff and I got really tired and am still really tired but I'll be ok, now go be a good person and read the whole thing
Kisses,
Abbsters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
who's strite?
The athletic director/gym teacher/handle everything that Fuller doesn't handle guy at Slauson
I skimmed. I feel convicted.
Three hours later, i've read the entire post. Every word. I can't believe you got such amazing food! That is totally not fair! I LOVE food like that and I can sure tell that you do too...
funny. it sounds EXACTLY like my 8th grade trip to Chicago :)
Post a Comment