Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mandarin Chinese?

It seems many of my readers would like for me to take Mandarin Chinese at Skyline if I choose to go there. Why?! No one for French, or Spanish- 2 of the most beautiful languages in the world? Or Latin which could further an (extremely slight) interest in the field of medicine, not to mention the great effect on my writing! (Thank you Kath for that!) And what about German? A strange language no doubt, but an important one none the less! You all surprise me!

Kisses,
Abbsters

3 comments:

ellen said...

Yes, I am one of those guilty ones who voted for Mandarin Chinese. I guess wishful thinking from my own experience - I took Latin in High School which helped me some with my vocabulary. (To this day, I sometimes recognize some random root of a word.) However, I always bemoan the fact that I didn't know another "spoken" language which would have been so useful in traveling, evangelism, work, etc. I recommend a highly used language such as Spanish. Hence my vote for Chinese as everyone says next economic center of the world is going to be China and so many other countries in Asia speak some Chinese as well.

Kathryn said...

Paul is in a really weird mood

Kathryn said...

Kathryn's in a really weird mood