Saturday, February 2, 2008

The High School decision

I don't think I've mentioned this before, so I'm going to go into it now.

I've grown up always expecting to go to Pi High. When I found out in 4th or 5th grade that a new high school was being built, I completely disregarded it- I was, after all, going to Pioneer!!! But now that I'm almost done with 8th grade, my mind was all of a sudden not so made up. Especially when Jean mentioned that she was going to apply for the new high school, Skyline. There are many advantages to each school.

Pioneer:
1) Most of my friends from middle/elementary school will go here.
2) The programs are tried and true
3) Pi High has a VERY good reputation
4) I've been expecting to go here my whole life
5) The students that have gone here have all been very happy with it

Skyline:
1) It's a brand new facility
2) Only freshmen will be there the first year, (aka we will always be the oldest class at Skyline)
3) Very good teachers are being hired from the district, and outside the district
4) Jean, (my best friend at school for those of you who don't know), could possibly be going here
5) Sky has not been labled by anyone because it's new, so there will not be a standard or reputation to live up to, (or bow down to)

So there it is and I have absolutely no idea which one I'm going to next year. Isn't that great?!

Kisses,
Abbsters

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

a) i'll show you on friday
b) we have to remember kyle and lisa
c) we should get extra points in team challenge because we always give birthday and christmas presents
d) you should go to pioneer (esp. if jean doesn't get into sky) otherwise i won't be very happy

Janet said...

I think that you should go to Skyline. Especially if I go there. Kath won't be happy because I don't know why. Maybe because she doesn't go there and maybe because she doesn't like it. ( you know all about her extensive research about everything) You should definetly go to Skyline.
Grace

Kathryn said...

You should go to pioneer. I mean, what kind of a name is "Skyline" anyway?

Janet said...

Dear Abby, Kathryn and Grace:
This is a big decision for all
3 of you isn't it? Let's remember
that God has a good plan for each
of you. I will be praying for you... Pioneer or Skyline? Homeschool or Saline High? Homeschool, Skyline or something else? God knows where He is going to grow you and use you to bless others. I am confident that He will lead you and your parents as you ask Him for wisdom.

Love, Aunt Janet/MaMa