This is not the best thing I've ever written before, it's late and I'm out of it, but I thought you might find it entertaining anyways. It's supposedly fictional, but I based it off of true events : )
Kathryn Wong Exercise #15 January 20, 2010 Gasping for breath, the two friends sat huddled in the closet. “I think we lost 'em!” the first said to the second. “I wouldn't be too sure. Those girls can be persistent when they want to be.” the second replied pessimistically, yet realistically nonetheless, to the first. Sure enough, footsteps and shouts could be heard of the stairs. “Deeper in! We've got to hide deeper in!” “Or should we make a run for it?” The steps of the dreader chaser drew nearer. The mob of children gone mad. Usually Kathryn and Abby enjoyed babysitting. In fact almost always they had a wonderful time and more importantly were able to keep the kids under control. Maybe it was the candy, maybe it was something else, but tonight the sixteen children had gone crazy; Kathryn and Abby were both sure of it. It had all started when Elanor proposed a game of “Tackle and Tickle”. This game consisted of seizing the babysitters, pining them to the ground, and subjecting them to cruel and painful tickling. And that was only the beginning. For some odd and unfathomable reason, the children who were usually so angelic and well behaved had contrived a truly horrific addition to the game of Tackle and Tickle. Joanna proposed it, not through words but more through actions, and it would later be dubbed the “Stripping Clothes Rule”. It was exactly what it sounded like, as Kathryn and Abby were soon to find out minutes later when they realized the implications this rule had in their lives and on their well being. It was not a good implication. And so mustering their last ounces of strength and courage so as to save what dignity they still retained, the two had burst out of their imprisonment and made a desperate escape. The footsteps went past the closet door and into the next room. For the time being, they were safe.
Hahaha glad you liked it! Like I said, not my best writing job ever, but I was exhausted and I had to write about people hiding in a closet and that was the first thing that came to mind : )
I am broken. I am desperate. I am sinful. I am helpless. These are all truths. But the greatest truth of all is that I am passionatley loved by a great and powerful God.
Love of my life Look deep in my eyes There you will find what you need I'm the giver of life I'll clothe you in white My immaculate bride you will be Oh come running home to me
4 comments:
This is not the best thing I've ever written before, it's late and I'm out of it, but I thought you might find it entertaining anyways. It's supposedly fictional, but I based it off of true events : )
Kathryn Wong
Exercise #15
January 20, 2010
Gasping for breath, the two friends sat huddled in the closet.
“I think we lost 'em!” the first said to the second.
“I wouldn't be too sure. Those girls can be persistent when they want to be.” the second replied pessimistically, yet realistically nonetheless, to the first.
Sure enough, footsteps and shouts could be heard of the stairs.
“Deeper in! We've got to hide deeper in!”
“Or should we make a run for it?”
The steps of the dreader chaser drew nearer. The mob of children gone mad. Usually Kathryn and Abby enjoyed babysitting. In fact almost always they had a wonderful time and more importantly were able to keep the kids under control. Maybe it was the candy, maybe it was something else, but tonight the sixteen children had gone crazy; Kathryn and Abby were both sure of it.
It had all started when Elanor proposed a game of “Tackle and Tickle”. This game consisted of seizing the babysitters, pining them to the ground, and subjecting them to cruel and painful tickling. And that was only the beginning. For some odd and unfathomable reason, the children who were usually so angelic and well behaved had contrived a truly horrific addition to the game of Tackle and Tickle. Joanna proposed it, not through words but more through actions, and it would later be dubbed the “Stripping Clothes Rule”. It was exactly what it sounded like, as Kathryn and Abby were soon to find out minutes later when they realized the implications this rule had in their lives and on their well being. It was not a good implication.
And so mustering their last ounces of strength and courage so as to save what dignity they still retained, the two had burst out of their imprisonment and made a desperate escape.
The footsteps went past the closet door and into the next room. For the time being, they were safe.
Kath, you just made my day. I laughed so hard!
Hahaha glad you liked it! Like I said, not my best writing job ever, but I was exhausted and I had to write about people hiding in a closet and that was the first thing that came to mind : )
I'm thinking about you guys! Wishing I was there...
Post a Comment