Monday, November 30, 2009

Advent 2009

Advent. It's a season my family has always celebrated. We do our Advent calendar and readings. At church we light the candles--something I have personally done twice--and sing the songs and have a special advent celebration. But how do we keep from plowing through Advent to Christmas day?

As I look back on previous years, I realize that I really haven't done anything personally to prepare for Christmas. There was one year I did the Advent calendar that I cut out of my Brio magazine; I don't even remember what I was supposed to do everyday. I think I was supposed to read the little verse printed on each square, but I really don't remember. I want to do something a little more meaningful this year. I started reading Champagne for the Soul by Mike Mason, which will take me into New Year's and hopefully be a great start to 2010. Jen also reminded me at church yesterday that I need to get back to the organizations we visited on the Ann Arbor trip. But what else can I do to clear the frost of busyness and stress from this holiday season to constantly be reminded of the meaning of Christmas? All comments are welcome!!

Kisses,
Abbs

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Ha that's so funny our family was just talking about that...it's a hard thing to do, focus on advent and Jesus when school life is so hectic especially with teachers trying to cram so much stuff in right before the break.