Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why I love Thanksgiving

1. Yummy food!!!
2. Family and friends come home from college!!! (I hung out with Molly and Lindsey Wednesday night and Ann Marie was there yesterday)
3. Time off from school!!! (And my teachers were nice and gave very little homework so I finished it all Tuesday afternoon)
4. One holiday that doesn't have a "getting" component. It's time to spend time with the ones we love and enjoy being with them. Besides that, we focus on the good things we already have and are thankful for those things. It's a nice break, not only from the other holidays when our focus can be dragged away from the original purpose, but from every day life, where we can constantly be driven by the desire to be the best and have the most at the end of the day. 

I am so thankful for everything God has given me- an incredible family- immediate and extended, dedicated, loyal and loving friends, a school system that really does thrive to provide the best education possible to its students, a warm house, good food... THANK YOU GOD!

Kisses,
Abbsters

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love thanksgiving because it means that I'm on break. I think thanksgiving should happen at least once a week.

Grace said...

I didn't know that lindsey and molly were here! lucky you.

and I still have to do school on thanksgiving break: algebra for the testing out in January and piano and writing.

AbbyJP said...

Kath do you realize how impractical that is??

Kathryn said...

yep. it means a half day monday, a half day tuesday and no school for the rest of the week!!!!!!

Kathryn said...

guess what? i'm at school now but i'm posting a comment anyway!!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl
You are so sweet to follow Brown's blog! That is great! I've enjoyed reading through your blog this afternoon. Wish you lived closer so you could babysit Brownie! He'd love hanging with you. Tell your parental units that we said hey! -chris