After staying up 'till midnight with a bunch of GCF people at Heidi and Dave's house, we came home, (through the quickly falling heavy snow), and while the boys went straight up to bed, Mom and I took Mo down to Slauson field. It was beautiful. The trees were laden with snow and the whole field was sparkling and glistening in it's white cloak. Molasses went plummeting right past it all though, as she went charging down the hill tossing up clouds of snow behind her and flicking the flakes into the air with her snout. After about 10 minutes we turned back towards home. Some sledders came, (I think they were high school students), and as always seems to happen, Mom and I had to humiliate ourselves then! Since it's been rainy and wet, there is a layer of ice that is concealed by the snow and is ready to flip all those who choose to step on it. Not knowing this, Mom and I headed back up the hill and before you know it, Mom has slipped face forward and is lying in the snow. My reply was a disdainful, "Nice Mom!" But as they say, "pride goes before the fall," and it sure did! I was facing Mom and took a step backwards before turning to go up the hill. And I slipped. My elbow can still feel the impact. Ow.
But that doesn't change the beauty and glory of a good snowfall, huh?! Isn't God good?
Kisses,
Abbsters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
WE WENT INTO THE SNOW TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PRETTY
!!!
it's still so pretty!!! you should see the snowfort we made with the andersons!
Post a Comment