Saturday, September 27, 2008

TP FALL RETREAT IN 6 DAYS!!!!

On Friday, October 3rd, vans will be leaving Knox for a conference center in Howell for the TP Fall Retreat 2008!! It's going to be sooooo much fun!!!! Except for one little thing. I started physical therapy last week for quad tendonitis in my knees and am forbidden to do something I love to do- RUN. And unfortunately for me, one of the favorite fall retreat activities is playing sports where you RUN. But I am not allowed to RUN. This is going to be quite frustrating, and I experienced how frustrating it will be when we were playing soccer in personal fitness yesterday. Now it's common knowledge that to play soccer, you must run. Or play goalie. Neither of these is an option for yours truly. So I morosely wandered back and forth on the field trying to stay out of situations where I would be under pressure and not be able to come through. My friend Jamie sorta hung out with me but I encouraged her to actually play too. I did get the ball a couple times and just had to pass it to someone else. I stole the ball from my friend Andrew and quickly passed it to another one of my teammates who took it down the field. I'm not totally sure what happened with it after that though. Since there are a good 40 kids in my personal fitness class we were playing 3-ball soccer and my team crushed the other team. Even though for half the game they had at least 4 goalies and everyone else on defense. Pretty entertaining. We were playing on the football field which is turf and would've been heavenly if I could RUN. *tear*

Kisses,
Abbsters

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey, I have this great idea. We switch situations for the fall retreat, you are aloud to run and I'm not...it'll work out well.

Kathryn said...

I miss all those amazing people so much...

AbbyJP said...

Aren't they wonderful??!! I told you TP was fun...!

Anonymous said...

how's it go? It was really fun on Sunday w/ just a few people. Among those people were the Andersons, Karen, Lissa, Christy, and others. Why not Morgan? Well, Miss Morgan went to LH w/ Laurel.

Kathryn said...

Turning point is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish it was a week ago. No, kidding I don't. That would mean a whole week of school to repeat. I wish this weekend was another fall retreat. or maybe all of turning point could just hang out together whenever and just skip the whole school thing. That'd be sweet.

Kathryn said...

guess how many times you've posted in october?

AbbyJP said...

0

Kathryn said...

your guessing abilities are breathtaking...

Kathryn said...

Now guess how many days have already happened in Octber.

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you know how to decipher a hint when you see one!