Thursday, July 10: Aunt Pauline picked me up around 5:00 to head up to Lansing. When we got to Lansing we transfered everything to Grandma and Grandpa's Prius and continued to Harbor Springs. We got to the Lanzettas' condo around 10:30 and Uncle Ed and Annie picked me up from there. We got home and crashed!!
Friday, July 11: We picked up Ann Marie and headed to Douglas Lake, where we put the boat in. Ann Marie, Annie, Karen and I all tubed but only a couple times because the water was FRIGID.
Saturday, July 12: We met Uncle Tom and Tori at Ocqueoque Falls. The Falls is quite small and had a swimming hole at the bottom. You could also go up and down the river to other, smaller falls. Tori, Annie and I had tons of fun exploring and splashing around and laughing at each others' clumsiness, (which was primarily due to the slipperiness of the rocks... I promise)!! That night, we met headed over to the Lanzettas' and had a bonfire on the private beach that belongs to their condo complex. Afterwards, Tori came over for a sleepover.
Sunday, July 13: Aunt Pauline picked Tori up around noon and then we met up with some of the Arbitters' friends from Saginaw. All of us went into Charlevoix for the afternoon; the guys went down to the docks, the girls went to the craft show. Annie and I aren't huge craft show people so we went walked quickly through the show, Annie bought some earrings and then we walked around downtown Charlevoix. After an hour or so we met up again than headed home.
Monday, July 14: Our shopping day!! I got a Harbor Springs sweatshirt, some sunglasses and Aunt San bought Annie and I matching necklaces.
Tuesday, July 15: We put the boat back in at Douglas Lake and I finally tried water skiing; emphasis on "tried." It took me forever to get the skis on, then Uncle Ed slowly pulled me through the water just so I could get the feeling of being pulled through the water without really skiing. Then he really started pulling me. I was half up for maybe five seconds, after that I lost all sense of time. My skis were ripped off my feet and I plunged into the water. My mind was racing, "Will they ever stop pulling me??" Then I heard voices screaming, "Let go!! Abby, LET GO!!" I did. Looking back on it, I don't know why I had to be told that, but I did. Everyone in the boat and out of it was a little shaken. I got back in and didn't get out until we docked.
Wednesday, July 16: We put the boat in at Little Traverse Bay and took a four hour ride to Lake Charlevoix and back. It was a beautiful day to be out in the boat and an awesome day to catch some sun!!
Thursday, July 17: We went cherry picking then headed back to the condo complex to swim in the pool for two hours. Well, Karen and I swam and played for two hours; Uncle Ed made Annie out in an hour of driving, much to her chagrin. After she was done, she joined us. Even Uncle Ed came in after a little while and we had a huge water fight.... SO MUCH FUN!!!
Friday, July 18: We spent the day on Mackinac Island. We walked up to the governor's summer residence and then back down by way of the Grand Hotel. It was a good day for walking.
Saturday, July 19: We packed everything up and headed home.
Added note: Every night except for two we ate out a different restaurant. This forced me to try new things every night and practice being decisive about what I wanted to eat.
Kisses,
Abbsters


1 comment:
Abby! Glad to see you're catching up on summer reflection (but be sure to stay tuned to PI HI (I thought that was a sorority at first)). Sondra wants to go to Mackinac Island sometime, you'll have to let her know you went. So chronologically, we're looking for the Detroit re-cap next, right?
Post a Comment