Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Concert Tomorrow

My whole choir class is getting butterflies. Specifically Mrs. W. We're the least prepared we've ever been. EVER. Mrs. W. has already cut one of our songs and now only the 5th hour choir is singing it with two of our basses since they don't have any. It's very frustrating. Most of us know the songs and know what we're supposed to do, but then there's the minority that don't know what the heck they're doing and don't care. So the 3rd hour choir sounds awful.
Today we combined the 5th and 3rd hour choirs in 3rd hour. The alto section, (my section), was louder, but on "Gloria," we sounded really bad. All because of one girl in 5th hour choir who sounds awful but thinks she's good and blares her part, to the dismay of all around her. Unfortunately, I'm around her. In front of her to be exact. I can't even hear myself think. Half the time she sings the soprano part and Mrs. W. has to stop and scream at the alto section for 5 minutes while we glare at this one girl. I've never been so scared for a concert as I am now. I'm praying that, by some miracle, Mr. Grant's guess will be wrong and we'll have a snow day tomorrow. He's only been wrong once in his entire life, but there can be a second time, right? If we don't have school tomorrow, we don't have a concert tomorrow and we get more rehearsals. Until then, I'm holding my breath.

Kisses,
Abbsters

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

OH NO! YOU MUST HAVE A SNOW DAY AND THEN YOU MUST COME TO LBC AND LH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...

that was me. my comment published twice

Kathryn said...

wait. but doesn't knox have snow days when ann arbor schools do? shoot

Kathryn said...

HOW'D IT GO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Kathryn said...

yeah, they told me to help myself to the computer and check email or whatever i wanted to do!!