During the Ann Arbor trip this summer, Kath, Emily and I had the honor of staying in Jung-Ho's dorm room. With that honor came the responsibility of taking care of his eight fish. We took this responsibility very seriously, more so than I think anyone thought we would; one of the ways we did this was naming the cute little aquatic animals. We again took this very seriously and I watched each fish for a while, describing its personality to Kath and Emily who then supplied the names. In the end we had named them all as follows: Otis, Gus, Brutus, Shelby and Lil Richie were the smaller guppy-like fish; Riskay and Ernest were algae-eaters with definite personalities.
We found out today that Riskay and Ernest have been eaten by their tank-mates. They were entertaining, depressed little souls and we only hope that they are now in fish heaven and that they have been filled with everlasting peace.
Kisses,
Abbs
2 comments:
Oh my goodness. May I put a link on my blog to this moving post? I am touched. Those fish were what kept me sane that trying and tumultuous week. They will be greatly missed.
You definitely may.
Post a Comment