Well, this week hasn't been one of my best. I found out one of my best friend's grandpas died. He was practically one of my grandpas- he was around so often and loved me like I was his granddaughter. The funeral's tomorrow and I'm missing school because I need to be there for Jean. She didn't ask me to, but she seemed relieved when I told I was going to try my best to come. Mom and Dad said this was necessary and my teachers were all very understanding- OK, the tears might have helped.
The VT shooting has only dampened my mood. We talked about it in LH tonight, which was really helpful- to just hear what others were thinking and to talk about how you felt relieved a lot of feelings that were just building up and up.
A good thing that happened this week was today, a group of friends and I saw this new kid who was sitting literally all by himself at a tabel at lunch. So, we went up to talk to him. I wish I had a camera to capture the look on his face when about 10 girls walked up to him and started introducing ourselves; a mixture of confusion, surprise, and almost a hint of fear! His name is Jeno, (pronounced GEE-no), and his really nice and outgoing. And amazingly articulate. He's also a very good artist. He's cool. I told him I'd try to get some of the guys to come meet him soon. I introduced him to Paul, (the school one), but Paul's not very welcoming. Ah well.
Well, gotta' go finish GIG prep!
Kisses,
Abbsters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yikes. you sound very depressed. it's your brothers birthday today. at least smile for him, and if not him, well smile for the camera then.
Abby you are an amazing Middle Schooler. I wish there were more people like you in my Middle School and High School, saying "Hi" to all the Jenos!
Post a Comment