Sunday night, we pulled out a video that my grandfather made in 1997 of family clips from my family and all my aunts and uncles' families on my mom's side. The first two clips were of my family, shortly after the birth of Paul. My dad's brother and his family, (wife and my twin cousins who were almost two at the time), were over to meet the little newborn. The scene opens on three-year-old me in one of me classic poses-- left thumb in my mouth, right index finger in my belly button. My three brothers cracked up. The next clip was just our family and 17-month-old Abraham is holding Paul in a rocking chair. Apparently Abraham's abuse of his younger brothers started at their births. Poor Paul. We were all laughing so hard, especially because of Abraham's extremely limited vocabulary; all he said throughout the ENTIRE MOVIE was either "Ma" or "da". Unfortunately, "da" did not refer to his father, but was the only syllable used by my younger brother unless he wanted my mom. The ironic part of this whole movie-watching session was that Abraham was the one of us who had been the most reluctant to watch the movies; but as it turned out, I was the one who should've been most embarrassed about pulling these old tapes out. I don't suppose my brothers will ever let me forget the many things I said and did in those movies. Abraham, on the other hand, can only be haunted by his limited vocab and his brutal treatment of his younger brother. I need to make sure to hide those movies before I get a boyfriend...
Kisses,
Abbs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hahaha too funny...would you like to explain your new profile pic to me?!?! because it's scary!!!!!!! it looks like a ninja abby or something and I wanna know what you are wearing...
I'm wearing a black sweatshirt over my black shirt that has a hood and Nicholas's mask from his Halloween costume.
Oh and his costume was a "golden ninja warrior" or something like that. Si or Ben actually might know what he was more than I do...
hahahahahaha so funny!!!!!
Post a Comment