Friday, June 8, 2007

Times like these

It's times like these that make me so happy I know there is a God and that he loves me more than I can know and that it will never change.

From the Ann Arbor News:
"Several hundred people attending a dedication of the University of Michigan's Cardiovascular Center on Thursday paused for a moment of silence to remember the six men who died Monday in the crash of a jet carrying a U-M Survival Flight team.

U-M President Mary Sue Coleman, speaking to the audience gathered at the western side of the $215 million building, said the university community is grieving the loss.

"The life-saving work of the Survival Flight and our transplant teams brings hope and optimism to our patients and their families,'' said Coleman. "And it's that spirit - that faith in a healthier tomorrow - which buoys us in our dedication of the Cardiovascular Center.''

Monday's crash took the lives of surgeons David Ashburn and Martinus Spoor, technicians Richard Chenault and Rick LaPensee, and pilots Dennis Hoyes and Bill Serra."

Richard Chenault was the father of one of my fellow LHers and I grieve for her and her family. I can't imagine losing your dad like that and not even seeing his body at the funeral because it wasn't found. This kind of thing is so frustrating. Please pray for the families of these men and everyone at the hospital as they grieve this great loss.

Kisses,
Abbsters

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Who? I don't know anyone's last names...

Kathryn said...

Oh. So it was her. I visited your blog first and then went to mine. Is that the one who's Elisha's best friend?